Delivery and Package charges are for the UK (we quote for all others):
Goods are delivered by Royal Mail or Myhermes normally within 3 Days.
Changes to the site: We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
Prompt refunds, of the cost of goods, are given on shoes returned within 14 working days of receipt (99% of customers find this easy). If items are posted in time but arrive late, you will still be entitled to a refund, with a proof of postage receipt to show they were posted in good time. No other reason for late delivery is acceptable.
Late shoes cost us money. We will exchange or issue a credit note for late returns. Shoes must be returned in perfect condition, wrapped in tissue with heels pointing away from the uppers. Do not try them for long periods of time as this causes creasing. Only try them on carpeted areas. One step on any other area damages the sole. Package them as sent.
Faulty returns: Please ring us before returning any faulty shoes. We are pleased to say that we get very few faulty shoes. Minor faults have to be repaired at our cost. Refunds or exchanges are given on more serious problems. Shoes that go faulty after considerable wear or time will only receive a part credit. Eg. if you purchase a pair of shoes for £60 and
wear them for half their expected life before going faulty, then you will receive a refund or credit of 60% (£36) of the purchase price. We believe this is fair play.
2. The owner of this web site is Medissa shoes whose adress is 6 Wellhouse Lane, Kirkheaton, Huddersfield, HD5 0RB
3. Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Medissa shoes.
4. You must be eighteen years old to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
5. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
6.Computers/ Screens/Photographs can show colours different than they actually are. Medissa cannot control this and accept no liability for it.
7. Receipt of your order placed via our website amounts to an acceptance by Medissa shoes of your offer to buy goods from Medissa shoes.
8. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
9. We will email you to confirm your order. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
10. You undertake that all details you provide to Medissa shoes for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
11. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Medissa shoes as soon as possible.
12.Medissa shoes reserves the right to make a charge for collecting goods from your premises in circumstances where they are not returned to us and monies are still owed.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us Medissa , 6 Wellhouse Lane, Kirkheaton, Huddersfield, HD5 0RB of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than –
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (If earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
1. This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Medissa shoes do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Medissa shoes negligence or wilful default, or that of Medissa shoes employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
2. Medissa shoes does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
3. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price, if the item(s) has been charged and not dispatched we will cancel and refund your order.
4. Medissa shoes will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
5. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MEDISSA SHOES IS PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLEY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, MEDISSA SHOES DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
6. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Medissa shoes shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Medissa shoes of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. Nothing in this clause affects your statuary rights.
7. You and Medissa shoes will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
8. The products sold on the Site are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, We Medissa shoes does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from Medissa shoes.
PROCESSING OF ORDERS
1. Credit and Debit cards are debited on the day of shipping by Medissa shoes. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated, and shipping charges are displayed on the checkout page.
2. Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in England. England law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from the Site.
3. Most goods are normally with you within 3 day after we receive payment. Delivery to the Isles and some secluded areas will take longer.We use Royal mail and goods need signing for. If goods are not received when promised please contact us. At an extra cost goods can be sent to reach you at specific times. Please ask us for details.
4. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from Medissa shoes.
1. The period stated within which you will receive your order is normally accurate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation.
2. If your delivery address is outside of the EU, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Medissa shoes advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
3. Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
1. These conditions apply to gift vouchers which have been purchased from Medissa shoes.
2. Gift vouchers can be redeemed at Medissa shoes on any purchase made in GBP sterling.
3. If the value of an order exceeds the value of the voucher the balance must be paid by either credit/debit card or cheque.
4. If the full amount of the voucher is not redeemed ‘Change’ will be given by way of a new voucher. Change vouchers are also subject to these terms and conditions and are additionally not assignable or transferable.
5. Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy further gift vouchers.
6. Gift vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with a discount voucher.
7. Gift Vouchers and unused portions expire one year from the date of issue of the original Gift voucher.
8. Gift vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p and are not transferable or assignable.
9. Normal terms and conditions of purchase and for using the Medissa shoes website apply.
10. One or more gift certificates can be redeemed against an order; however a gift certificate cannot be combined with a promotional gift certificate.
1. We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, alien invasion, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
2. We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
3. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
4. You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
5. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
6. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:
1. You fail to make any payment to us when due;
2. You breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
3. When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity;
4. We suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
5. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Medissa shoes and you relating to your purchase. Medissa shoes advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by us.. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with Medissa shoes. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
6. If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
7. These Terms are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of England.
In relation to the Medissa shoes website: (‘the Site’).
The Site is owned by Medissa shoes and complies with the Data Protection Act relating to the personal information you supply online.
Medissa shoes address is: The Old Chapel, 288 Halifax Road, Liversedge, WF15 6NP.
By using our services, you give us your express consent to process your personal data as described hereafter.
We do not distribute or disclose information about you or your personal usage of the Site without your express consent or unless required or permitted to do so by law.
Participants have the right to access their stored data, to rectify them if required and to object to the storage of their data for legitimate purposes. We would like to keep your information up-to-date, you may change any of the basic information we keep about you at any time by e-mailing us at Ian@medissashoes.com
In case any fraudulent activity is detected on the website, or, without limitation, in connection with the breach of intellectual property rights through the use of the website, we may release personal information in order to comply with any applicable regulation or assert our rights as well as our business partners’.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. It allows us to recognise and tailor our site to you and it won’t harm your computer.
Opting Out of Cookies
If you prefer, you can restrict, block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings but that may mean that you won’t be able to add and buy products from our store.
Which Cookies Do We Use?
|Purpose||Data Kind||Sessional or Persistent?|
|Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc..)||Unique Token||Sessional|
storefront and checkout.shopify.com
|Used by our internal stats tracker to record the number of visits to the shop||None||Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit|
storefront and checkout.shopify.com
|Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer||None||Expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day|
|Stores information about the contents of your cart||Unique token||Persistent for 2 weeks|
|Stores session information for the checkout process||Unique token||Sessional|
|If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access||Unique token||Indefinite|
DAVID IAN HUGILL, 6 WELLHOUSE LANE. KIRKHEATON. HUDDERSFIELD, HD5 0RB
DAVID ALEXANDER THOMSON, 6 LINNET COURT, MORLEY, LEEDS.